God Our Defender


But the LORD has been my defense, And my God the rock of my refuge. (Psalm 94:22)

  • “Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee.”
     
  • Those words express what we want when we encounter people with evil intentions, people characterized by pride, cruelty, and a lack of regard for God.
     
  • When we are the target of someone’s wrongdoing, let us remember the testimony of the psalmist: “The Lord has been my defense, and my God the rock of my refuge”.
     
  • As our rock, God is dependable and strong.
     
  • As our refuge, He can provide safety until problems pass.
     
  • The psalmist reminds us: “Under His wings you shall take refuge”.
     
  • With God as our defender, we don’t have to fear what others will do.
     
  • We can trust that God will support us when trouble comes.
     
  • Let us thank God for His stable and unchanging nature.
     
  • Let us thank Him for helping us to hide ourselves in Him when trouble comes our way.
     
  • We don’t have to fight our own battles.
     
  • Refuge can be found in the Rock of Ages.


0 comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.