Mind Your Words


Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

  • Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. There are ways of speaking to people that can honor, build up, encourage, and love them. There are also poisoned tongues that seek to attack, divide, discourage and destroy people.

  • How can we escape our inclination to use words to hurt others? By recognizing that the ultimate Hearer of our words is God, who longs for us to live life at its highest and best.

  • The psalmist said, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord”.

  • When we seek to please God with our conversations about others, we honor Him. With His help, we can glorify Him through what we talk about.

  • Forgive me, Father, for the times my speech crosses the line of that which is appropriate. Help me to understand the power of words, and give me the wisdom to use them well.

  • It is better to bite our tongues than to make biting remarks.

0 comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.