Stay Calm at Work



When something bad happens at work...
  • Don't worry or complain. Don't respond or react immediately.
    Take extra time to evaluate the issue, the problem or the situation before taking any action.
When other co-workers are having problems...
  • Don't become involved in their situation.
    If you must, try to see and solve their problems from an outsider's point of view.
If your subordinates are not happy with you,
  • Set up a formal meeting to hash out issues constructively, or
  • Invite each team member to have a one-on-one conversation with you.
Lessons:
  1. In any and every situation, find every means to do thing constructively and amiably.
  2. Life is too short for gossiping or taking your frustrations out on your co-workers and subordinates.

4 comments:

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

These are very good tips to keep in mind.

I am giving you an award. You can pick it up at http://karenzemek.blogspot.com/2008/12/thanks-for-lemonade-award-for-having.html

Duni said...

this is sound advice.
I was once in a situation where my boss (ex-boss) exploded and started screaming about something I can't even remember, because it was so minor. I stood up and left the room, telling him I'll be back to talk properly when he has calmed down.
I think he went beserk after that!

Grace said...

Great post. Good lesson to learn. :)

Dragonblogger said...

This is good advice as a Technical Manager I often use these tips myself.

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.