Man Versus Food


There is always a limit as to how much we can eat, I told myself as I watched the TV show “Man Versus Food” yesterday.

I enjoy watching how food fanatic Adam Richman travels across America taking food challenges.

I enjoy watching him building up the atmosphere for food challenges.

I enjoy watching him eating with grace and style.

I enjoy watching him eating so much in a short time.

But I believe there is always a limit as to how much we can eat.

And yesterday, for the first time, I saw him lost the food challenge; how frustrating it must be for him.

But he received the big applause from his fans; seeing how they cheered him on made me smiled heartily with pride.

But there is always a limit as to how much we can eat in one sitting or in a day.

I looked at my tummy, realizing that I had been eating like a glutton for the past many years.

"Just eat," some of my friends told me over and again. "Don’t deny yourself the pleasure of eating."

But now look at the outcome........

Now I have problems buying clothing and shoes.

I have problems walking up and down the staircases.

Breathing often has become short, shallow, and rapid.

No, no. Eating isn’t that fun anymore; I need to cut down on food, quietly I told myself.

Forgoing the fun of eating delicious food?! Oh no!

Man Versus Food; that’s fun.

I smile rather ruefully as I looked at my protruding tummy........

1 comments:

Mrs Sweetwater said...

oh my we are in the same class. yesterday my doctor told me a story - and I'll share it with you.

if you plant the seed of bad health and nourish it with over eating you will get the tree of bad health.

that's the truth. I'm at my alltime top weight and I'm not happy about it either. so last night I started on my lifestyle modification. less food, and more prayer.

lets share our experience as we drop the pounds together my friend. please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing and what your plan is to loose weight, as I can use all the encouragement I can get. please keep in touch.

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.