Finish Your Race



I was watching intently at the students running when few interesting thoughts came to my mind.

Some students had really set their minds on running. I was surprised at their concentration on the track and the finish line under the scorching hot afternoon sun. Besides, the haze was rather thick and this would add a strain on their breathing.

Some students wore the proper shoes and sport attire. They were dedicated to their roles as runners. They would not let anything hinder their way to success.

Some students didn't sway from side to side as they ran. They didn't want to waste time and energy on unnecessary moves. They were set to win the race.

Some students didn't look from side to side as they ran. They just wanted to concentrate on their race and won. They didn't want to be unduly perturbed by external thoughts and pressures.

Some students had traveled far and waited for a long while for their race. They were well prepared and they were ready to bring glory and honor to their team. And they were eager to bring the trophy home. Nothing must be allowed to stand in the way, no, not even the late journey home.

Some good friends were cheering their friends on. Some helped in carrying their friends belongings. Some worried for their friends. Some waited with anticipation. It was not just a race for them; it was a battle of honor.

Some fell along the way. Some in tears and dismay. Some limped and hopped along the way. Some slowed down to a walk but persevered on. The winners crossed the finish line in triumph, beaming with smile and satisfaction.

The uniform groups were faithfully carrying out their duties and responsibilities. Nothing was amissed. Everyone was pleased with these silent workers. They were indeed a great help in any school function.

The first day of sport came to the end, but not for me.

I have learned the importance of dedication to meet my goals.

I have learned the importance of concentration on all I do.

I have learned the importance to get rid of anything that may hinder and slow down my progress.

I have learned the importance to be helpful and useful to friends.

I have learned the importance to be faithful to all my duties and responsibilities.

And I believe this is what life is all about.

Of course we may continue to look at the negative aspects of things and throw in 1001 complains.

But to what benefits does it help the world?

Thanks, my beloved students.

You have continued to be my source of inspiration.

0 comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.