H1N1


The river water flows unhurriedly towards the sea. The falling leaves drop slowly onto the ground. There in the middle of the garden, the groundsman is trimming the plants with his skillful hands, enjoying every moment of his job. I am sitting on the bench by the sidewalk enjoying the sunshine. It is indeed a beautiful morning. Then I chuckle to myself silently as I think of a recent episode...

Someone had come to the school to evaluate the teaching of certain subject. He had talked to the school management staffs, the subject teacher, and also interviewed some students. But he acted awkwardly and he was wearing a mask. Of course, visitors are always well received in my school. But then, as he continued to cough and sneeze, the school got suspicious of his well being. Everyone started to get worry. Is he having H1N1? The person admitted that he was not feeling very well. This had caused a great havoc. Why did he come to the school in the first place? The school authority rushed him to the hospital, and the hospital attendants suspected him of having H1N1.

Everyone started to blame one another. Grumblings and mumblings were heard everywhere. Doors were opened wide, and people started to point fingers. Everyone was anxious to hear the latest development of the case. Oh no, please, not in this school of more than 3000 students... Some were shaking their heads and a few drew very heavy sighs. Suddenly people everywhere were getting very concerned. Words were few but anxious looks were everywhere... That night many must be a sleepless night.

Then the next day someone broke out the news that it was a false alarm. Now the happy mood returned. Everyone started to smile and tease one another. And you could hear laughter in the air. But the fear of H1N1 still lingered and everyone once in a while looked very worry.

What can we do? How do we know we have H1N1? What precautions to take and what medicine to take? How effective is the latest cure? No one knows.... No one knows.....

But God knows and He cares. And so I will take things easy and believe that the Almighty God can take care of me, my wife, my children, my relatives, my friends, my colleagues....

And I pray for more rains and subshines, hopefully the disease will go soon....soon.... please....

But I will continue to feel uneasy if H1N1 refuses to go....

1 comments:

ceemee said...

Yes, we must trust that God will take care of us, even the smallest detail of our lives.

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.